Sunday, June 8, 2008

13 mile run on Wildwood

Sunday
30 mins Pilates
12-13 mile LSD trail run around Wildwood.

I was surprised upon waking that my quads where not sore, a little tight but not sore. I got up and did 40 mins of Pilates. Mostly working on my core, stretching out my back and then roller my legs.

I hit Wildwood trail at mile marker 5 to run 4 miles before my friend Kristy joined me. I went backwards on the trail. Mile 5 to 3 and back, never had gone this way before....woah! Talk about hills. The first 1 1/4 mile was all up hill and some of the ascents were so steep I should have walked them...it took too much energy for my mileage. I hit mile 1 and walked briefly up a steep ascent...around 1 1/4 it went down hill, got to the second mile turned around, re climbed and descended. Met up with Kristy at mile 5 again and we went out to run 8 miles. I got lost twice on the damn trail and added another mile to a mile a half to our run....oops. The worst part was both places I got us lost we ended up having steep ascents and descents that we had to back track. Oh well Hopefully my friend still <3's me. I finished off with approx 13 miles. It was good to run the trail again, it really slowed me down and I needed it. Post run we recovered with breakfast at Beeshaw's. Oatmeal and a salmon dill egg white scramble, the best recovery food! Oh yea, the coffee was good too and the company was the BEST. Thanks for joining me hun!

No comments: