Saturday, March 20, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

Friday - Easy, fun training day

30 min easy spin to warm up the legs before running - Z2 140w
2 loops around Nike bark chip trail with Joe. 5.5-6 miles
We decided to have some fun with the statues.
- I piggybacked Prefontaine
And here's Joe running with Michael Johnson

The morning was so chilly my lips grew numb and when I talked I sounded like I had dental work done. I never felt my feet and Joe never felt his hands.
Regardless of the cold this was a great way to start a Friday!

As the day went on I grew fatigued. Afternoon turned to evening and my mood turned blue. I often wish I didn't have a heart. I wish I could turn back into the cold machine I once was. I've always thought heartache is the worst kind of injury to have. I'd prefer to be forced to aqua run everyday than to suffer this pain. Blah.

Saturday
After a night of melancholy I somehow managed GREAT sleep! I woke up refreshed, with a new attitude, apparently I woke up on the RIGHT side of the bed.

AM Swim

WU
1 x 500

Drills
2 x 50 - A-Ok's: 10
2 x 50 - fist; 10
1 x 50 - stroke for ever 10 kicks; 10
6 x 50 - practiced a drill my buddy recommended to help with my choppy stroke. Sometime about holding on to my leg and breathing less.....lol, I can't explain it well.
1 x 50 - stroke for ever 10 kicks; 10

Main Set
1 x 200 - (first 100 fast/100 easy) positive split ; 20
1 x 200 - (first 50 east/100 fast/ 50 easy) even spilt ; 20
1 x 200 - (first 100 easy/ 100 fast) negative split; 20
repeat 1 x

Cool down
4 x 50 on my back dolphin kick (core strengthening)

Total yardage - 2500

I recovered with one of my famous bacon waffles and then went on a bike ride with friends

AM Bike - 48 miles/3600ft of climbing


April and Joe biked over to my place and we then met up with Sue around 143rd. I had 4 hills on my agenda.
First was Thompson from the west side heading up to Skyline - 17 mins 187 avg
Then 53rd to Thompson to Skyline - 18 mins 179 avg

Logie Trail from Hwy 30 - 21 mins 193 avg
- Love how we're all smiling after the wrath of Logie.
Old Germantown to Skyline - 17 mins 186 avg

Managed to avg Z4 for all the hills.
Max watts 475/ Norm avg 163 / avg watts 128
Today was a good bike day!

Finished off with lots o friends and some kick ass BBQ - stuffed cheese jalapeno turkey burgers!

No comments: