Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today I discovered....

the Nike chip trail. I know, I know, it took long enough. Better late than never, right?
Anywho running on that trail is pure utopia. The scenery is beautiful and the bark chip is so soft. I loved running in the dark, my way guided by shimmery night lights planted in the ground. It's only 1/2 a mile from my house and it's a short 2 mile loop, which I ran over and over and over again. I felt as if I was running miles, and miles, and miles away from home. In reality the furthest I ever got was 3 miles away from my start. I'm sure this feeling was provoked by the enchanted forest like setting. I believe the facade of distance was also caused by the root of one of my weaknesses and fears coming to surface. Running is such a wonderful sport. I don't like running in anger or hurt. I don't want to use it as an escape anymore. I can't run forever, or can I? I think I can, but I no longer want to do it alone....I will face my fear.


I got to spend the evening at....wait for it...the gym, ugh BUT I was with my girl from out town -Robin. She's probably the ONLY person that could ever get me on a piece of cardio gym equipment. We spent our catch up time on the recumbent bike, stairmaster and treadmill. Work it girl! I am soooo happy I got to see you, Robin. It's been too long. You know your lifetime friends when you pick up where you left off, and you just GET one another :)

No comments: