Saturday, November 7, 2009

An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory

45 mins Pilates / foam rolling

AM Run
3.8 miles/7:30 avg

First week of 30 Days Of Running - 27 miles. Not bad considering I ran with out lungs for a good portion of it.

AM Swim - First real day back in the pool in about 2 weeks

Warm up
1 x 500

Drills
1 x 200 paddles;
1 x 200 buoy;
repeat 2 x

1 x 50 high elbow/finger drag;10
1 x 50 one arm catch up; 10
1 x 50 ten kick stroke; 10
repeat 1 x

3 x 100 - Hard. This was laughable at best. My chest is still covered in mucus and this prohibited excessive breathing. I landed on 1:40...so sad

Cool down
1 x 300

Total yardage - 2200

60 min Power KAT nap

90 min Spin
Sadly I have no wattage to report. Even if I did, I doubt it would be exciting. My goal was to stay just above my IM race wattage and work on bringing my trainer endurance back. Did this happen? Who knows. I lost my transmission signal to the HUB 45 minutes in. I'm thinking the HUB battery might need to be replaced but didn't feel like messing with it mid spin. Before the signal died my avg watts were at 152. IM was 146, so if I kept the avg up I would have been on point. Which I do believe I did.

After all is said and done I'm a bit tucked out. I feel a great deal of endurance has been lost :(

No comments: