Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Being defeated is often only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."

AM Run - 3.75 miles - Hmmmm, breath Kat breath

AM Swim -
The plan - Get in the water. That's it, plain and simple.
6 x 500's easy -8:30-8:45s. I have way too much %^# running through my head. As always I found it therapeutic to break it down during monotonous 500 repeats.
Total yardage 3000

I strained my back during a coughing fit on Saturday. It's getting better but still annoying.

PM Spin -
The plan - 90 mins
15 min warm up
5 x 1:00 high cadence high wattage spin outs; 2:00 floats
3 x 10 min big ring intervals 55-60 rpm; 5 min floats
15 min recovery

Now for what actually happened
15 min warm up - 20-145 watts
5 x 1:00 high cadence high wattage spin outs; 2:00 floats - avg watts 230 (10-20 watts below threshold :(( power was not present)
1/2 of a 10 min big ring interval - FAILURE! At 55-60 RPMs my watts avg'd 170 - 20 below what it should be. I was suffering. Power doesn't lie BUT my power does die. My ^%#^ass power meter lost the signal to the hub again, 35 mins in - same as last trainer session. WTF? I changed the stupid batteries. Grrrrr. I've got to figure this out.

Mark and I were both having a poor spin. He was recovering from being sick and my pathetic watts showed I was still recovering/suffering as well. We called it enough with 60 mins.
Recovered with wine, good food and much needed venting and bs'ing.

"Being defeated is often only a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - On to train another day, say tomorrow? :D

No comments: