Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dah-da-dee-dum-um-dum-da-de-do

AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that might help but it didn't, oh well, I tried.

*I feel like a caged wild Puma. I have entirely too much energy and have nothing to do with it. I swam tonight and unleashed my wrath out on the pool. My leg is more irritated because of it. Really? I can't swim without pain? WTF?! Someone throw me a freaking bone!

*Why is it I only want what I can't have? Am I the only one? At times I feel like my expectations can be beyond reach but what's the point if you're not constantly tri'ing? Does anyone else feel me?

*I rocked my camo suit tonight, I felt all stealth gliding in the water....Until some dude got in rockin' camo shorts. Blue camo shorts! They matched my suit! And sadly I could see him, he was highly visible....there goes the whole "stealth camo" thing. Lol! Although Michele I do still think we should try the photo shoot with the blue back ground, it would be funny none the less.

*I seriously %$#$ed up the start of the year. I have set "Rules of Engagement" for training and personal life. I'm very black and white and often don't see the gray. I took the advice of others and decided to break a few of the rules...what's the harm right? Well if ain't broken don't fix it, because if you try to fix something that works it just complicates things and I don't have energy to waste.

*Honesty is always the best way to go....even if you don't want to hear it.

*I got an appointment tomorrow with what is referred to as a "Miracle Dr." He was booked out a few weeks and somehow I got called in from the waiting list. I was so excited when I got the call I almost fell over, this was the BEST news I have heard all day.

*"There's only two types of guys out there....the ones that can hang with me and the ones that are scared." Ain't that the sad, pathetic truth?

*I've decided to say %^#@ the foam roller and stick...my marble rolling pin works much better.


On to my evening swim

500 warm up

Drills
2 x 200 - 50-a-ok, 50-karate, 50-fist, 50-free; 20 sec

1 x 250 - paddles; 15
2 x 50 - one arm catch up; 15
2 x 25 - skully; 20
repeat 1 x

Main set
10 x 100's - 2 min intervals. The first 6-7 were 1:40-1:42. The last 3 ended at 1:45

300 - cool down

Total yardage - 3,000

My leg started hurting 1/2 way through the swim, annoyed the hell out of me. I'm betting my lats and triceps are going to burn like a mother%#$# tomorrow. Two days of heavy swimming in a row. I'll be taking tomorrow off since I can't bike or run...and I'm sure I'll be some kind of pain from the Dr's appointment. At least it will be the kind of pain I enjoy :)

No comments: