Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Race Pace

Confidence is restored :)

10 min warm up run 9:30 pace
7 miles at 8:13 pace; treadmill run with 92 ft of elevation gain.
8.15 miles total

Had another sleepless light. Woke up on and off again with restless legs, I hate that! Pretty sure it was due to the hilly ride the night before but oh well, what can you do? I'm going to be riding that route often so I'll just have to get acclimated to it. Finally pulled myself out of bed around 5am. Rolled out my legs, drank a cup of coffee w/an english muffin drizzled in honey and made my way off to the gym. Not much to speak of on the actual run its self. Running on the treadmill is BORING, especially keeping one pace. I threw in a few hills there and there just to change things up a bit. Portland Marathon only has an approx 150ft elevation gain...so I don't need to practice hills much but I do want to make sure that I can hold my pace when they arise. To my surprise 8:13's felt pretty easy (avg HR 164) and really comfortable, and that was with lack of sleep and much accumulated fatigue. I'm feeling pretty marathon ready.

No comments: