Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stress log and the start of taper week 2

Does anyone use a Daily Stress Log? Since over training is my #1 kryptonite and I need to manage intensities better with IM, I decided to build one. I've been using it for two weeks now and find it highly beneficial. Each day I rank my levels of sleep quality, fatigue, motivation (key indicator for me), joint soreness, muscle soreness, and general levels of stress (ie, work, relationships, life in general) and come to a stress rating. I've found this little tool very useful and took a much needed unscheduled recovery yesterday. A world of good it did. I work up bright and early with a ton of motivation and training excitement today. :)
If you don't have a stress log, build one.

Sunday - Start of marathon taper week 2
30 minutes Pilates
18 mile trail run along Wildwood, starting at mile marker 24 1/2 and worked my way backward.
Can I just tell you how good 18 miles feels relative to 22-24? I had a fantastic run through the forest this morning. Started early, it was foggy with drizzle. Fall is in the air, leaves were turning, absolutely beautiful. Occasionally I'd hit a 30 second downpour but quickly learned that was due to wind shifting the rain from the trees. I was even lucky enough to stubble upon good company for the last 2 miles which carried into breakfast. Mmmmmm Whole wheat blueberry man-cakes and a Bloody Mary "Breakfast of Champions!"

2 comments:

Rainmaker said...

"blueberry man-cakes"

Nice...I don't think I've ever picked up anyone during a two mile portion of a run. Well done!

JC said...

Hi,
I've read your blog a few times. Congratulations on all your accomplishments!!! Just wondering about the stress log - do you have a template?
I've started blogging my training as well, feel free to have a look: http://jillcostantino.blogspot.com
Cheers,
Jill