Sunday, April 6, 2008

HARDCORE status :D

I’m brain dead…bare with me.

I decided to go dancing with a few girlfriends last night….after the 44 mile hilly ride and pre 13 mile trail run….not sure if it was such a good idea. Maybe I should have left out the Crown Royal. Mmmmm, I <3 Mr. Crown. Tif and I officially have “HARDCORE” status since we are the only girls from the team that made it out to train and dance. We broke it down yo…..
And it broke me down. I’ve become a lightweight. 3 shots of alcohol OWNED this girl.
This morning post 5 hours of sleep I met up with Tif, Coach Seth, Amy and Randle to do an easy (Ahahahahahaha!) 13 mile trail run up at Wildwood. This was the longest 13 miles ever! I was out for 2hrs and 30 mins….I could have gone faster, yes…but why? The point of the run was A. To get mileage in, B. to keep my HR low and go at a slow speed. Damn that trail was muddy. I thought I was going to loose a shoe on several occasions, that or slide off the trail. It’s hard to run up trail hills in the mud. The first few miles hurt my calves and ankles, love agility training. But after a few miles everything just fell into place. Finished the run tired but somehow feeling strong.
On the way home I picked up 2 bags of ice. I filled the tub with cold water and dumped in the ice. I sat in this torture device for 10 mins! ^$^%$%#^E%^R%^ER%@%^@*#(**($&*(!!!!!!! That HURT!! My legs were as red as rhubarb. I followed up with a 20 min HOT soak in Epsom salts. My legs feel pretty good now. I think I need a nap soon.

No comments: