Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bits and Pieces of moi

I like to keep my blog mostly centered around training since I review it every 2-3 months for self analyzation and improvement. But as I'm in the off season I have less training to write about and a ton of things running through my brain. I figure I'll continue to write, I guess what ever tickles my fancy and then 2-3 months down the road ask myself WTF I was thinking. That question usually comes up through training reviews so I'll keep it a constant theme in my life. WTF was Kat thinking? Anywho, the day started....

with rolling over and looking at the clock. 5:25 am, Shit, the alarm is going to go off in 5 minutes. Do I A. turn it off for an hour, put the blankets over my head and go back to sleep or do I B. Get out of bed put my running clothes on and run? Well I opted for C. which originally wasn't part of the equation. I looked at my cell phone to checked missed msgs. I turn my phone on silent as I crawl into slumber as to not get disturbed. I can be one evil bitch when rudely awoken to a drunk txt or dial. My friend Nikhi sent me a txt the previous night about her amazing run. This brought a smile to my face and instantly motivated me up out of bed and onto the gym.

6.5 miles
10 min easy warm up
10 min 8/min pace; 5 min floats at 9:13 x 3

Day 16 of marathon recovery. I'm still not supposed to push it to the limit (liiiiiimit! Ok maybe I'm the only one that knows that song. Scarface anyone? Scott, you have to know?) It's really starting to get hard to hold back. The paces are easy and energy is ready to floor it but I HAVE to HAVE a solid recovery. I know the damage I did to my legs was deep, it's a constant reminder every time I get on my bike to climb a hill. Must hold back from temptation. Self discipline Kat, self discipline! So I held back and had a lack luster tempo. 10 more days........I'm counting them down.

I have a decision to make that I think might make a big impact to my race season and training year. Not really sure what I'm going to do yet. I don't want to talk about it much, except for those I've requested guidance from, either way I'll sit on it for a few days and let training figure it out for me. Following your heart always leads you in the right direction....unless a boy is involved.

On another serious note......I've been thinking about egg donation. I know random, weird and kind of a sensitive topic for some and way too personal for others. I'm not sensitive, very weird and random and really don't care what I share so I guess there it is. I've always cursed the day I got my period. Why me?! I yelled. Like all other 12 yr old girls I thought my world was going to end. Come age 27 and I'm still asking that stupid question....Why me?! I've never had a desire for a family although that could change one day, highly unlikely but all possible I don't want to give the option up. The Why Me? Question brought up a good thought; I should do something positive with the negative and help someone else out. Many women try to have babies and are unsuccessful, instead of complaining about my monthly curse I should look at it as a blessing for another person, human life if you will. So I'm going to look into the donation process. I'm a little concerned about the hormone and surgery side effects with IM training. If I do decide to donate it will have to be soon, hopefully before my season starts up. If anyone has any experience or feed back on the hormone procedure I'd like to hear from you. Please drop me an email in my contact me area. Thanks!

PGE finally won and I turned my heat on tonight. This girl is not going to bed with another cold nose! Where is that guy who's going to turn my bike wattage into house heating?

2 comments:

Rainmaker said...

I flew over you today. I looked down and though - Kat's down there somewhere.

JC said...

Good on you for wanting to better someone else's life. The world needs more people like you.

We should plan a training weekend this spring. Let me know what you think.

Hey - any thoughts on doing Oliver 1/2 ironman, it's june 7th?

Also - will you sen me the recipe for the wasabi mashed soup - sounds yummy!
Cheers,
Jill