Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Capture the moment

FREAKIN' RUNNERS HIGH!

90 min tempo trail run - 9.75 miles

5 min easy warm up - 140-155 bpm
30 min hard effort - 170-180 bpm - This felt WONDERFUL! First run I've been able to do at this exertion level. I've missed the pain! I get vertigo running on trails at any speed, today felt like a roller coaster - it was BADASS!
10 min easy recovery - 165-175 bpm - I slowed way the hell down and took this uber easy BUT my HR had a hard time dropping. I'm sure the heat and humidity had something to do with it. 75 - 65% humidity.
30 min hard effort - 180-188 bpm - Woah! This was much more difficult then the last 30 minute tempo. I think the heat was starting to get to me. Still I continued to run hard and enjoyed the pain of gasping for air.
15 min easy cool down.

I figured my splits out to be 10:00 - easy and 8:30s hard, which I think is pretty good for a 90 min hilly trail tempo, especially since I do my LSD runs on the same trail and avg 10s

I am a very happy Kat!

No comments: