Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Daily Double

AM Swim

500 warm up

Drills
1 x 250 paddles; 10
1 x 250 buoy; 10
repeat 1 x

1 x 50 - one arm glide- alternate on the 25; 5
2 x 50 - one arm catch up down 25/return with high elbows-finger drag; 5
repeat 1 x
2 x 100 - 25 Aok, 25 fist, 25 karate, 25 free (fast and hard); 10

Main set
6 x 200s on the 3:30 - The first 2 landed on 3:10, following 2 on 3:15, then a 3:10, ended on a 3:20 - fatigue set in

Cool down
300

Total yardage - 3500

Evening Ride

Through some kind of miscommunication I ended up leading our weekly tri club ride. I decided to test out my Tarten skirt with uber short liner by Zoic.....maybe not the best ride to test it on as I
A. happened to be the only girl in the group
B. was leading the ride - ie not taken seriously
5 very fit triathlete men show up to ride, only one of which I've ridden with once before. I get questions, Where's Andy? Who's leading this ride. I respond with "I have no clue" and "I am" and let me just tell you, some of the looks I got were priceless. Lol, I would have not taken myself seriously though either, I was wearing a 5" bicycling skirt! Ha! At least I was rocking Carnage tonight. I quickly run down the route. Hwy 30, ascend up Logie Trail (1050 ft in 2.5 miles) , hit the Skyline roller and descend back down Thompson....along the way we would have several regroups. Well, I think I earned my stars when I reached the top of Logie and half the dudes were ahead of me and the other half were behind me. I think they thought I was kidding on intensity level. I should have offered to buy any of them a beer if they could have done the whole thing in their saddle. I have yet to see someone do this. I think if they did they could get "King of the Mountain" status, or my heart :)
http://legacy.lclark.edu/~kolitch/cycling.html#Logie
I may look like a girl but my workouts are anything but girly fellas. We regrouped, hit Skyline to Thompson back to home plate. Since I'm "officially" in taper I took most of this ride pretty laid back.
Max watts 370/ avg watts 141
Avg HR 156 / Max HR 186 - stupid hill!

No comments: