Thursday, June 4, 2009

Followed up by another long day

AM Swim
90 min trainer ride Z2 - avg 138 watts
*watched Lost
*swear I got in a power nap. Aero bars come in handy, it's easy to learn over and fall asleep :)
*dropped 4 lbs in the last 24 hours, apparently sodium needs to go up more. I'm already at 430mg an hour!
*changed my bike tire naked, got greasy - don't ask, it wasn't as fun as it sounds.

Evening swim
I'm really crunched for time so I had to skip out on the normal Thursday OW swim - instead I went to the near by 24hr Fitness and swam in saline.

8 x 500s - 8:15s-8:30s
Two 500s in I was joined by the human torpedo Carly. That girl is a missile in the water. I found myself wondering off watching her technique. Watching an amazing swimmer is a beautiful thing. I was lucky enough to leave with a few tips. Thanks hun!
The first 5 500s I hit 8:10-8:15, the last 3 came in 8:20-8:30. My tummy started growling on the last 2, that is never a good sign. Once I got into my car I devoured my turkey sandwich, I think I may have bitten off a finger in the process. Good thing you don't need all fingers to TRI!

Off to bed I go, got to get up at 4:30 for a 90 min run before - tomorrow is going to be a very long day!
Did I mention I'm going to an 80's prom tomorrow night? It's a fundraiser event, nothing illegal going on here :) Anywho, looking forward to it. Never had a prom of my own and who doesn't love the 80s? I'm so rockin the side pony tail.

Good night moon!

No comments: