Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake.

After the weekend of fun drama filled chaos I was in dire need of my normal routine. Boring? Yes. Calming? Yes.

Wednesday - 
50 min aqua run
20 min warm up Z28 x 2 min high Z3/low Z4 picks with :90 Z2 recovery

I spent my work day back and forth from my desk to the kitchen; refilling coffee and savoring the delectable chocolates my boss brought back from Belgium. Sharing is indeed caring! Now I know what you're thinking. Cut out the caffeine in the day time and you might be able to sleep. But alas, I am in an endless toxic circle. I've gone so many days without rest I MUST have coffee in the day to survive.

In the evening I knocked out 40 mins of strength training. 2 x 20 w:20 restsUpper body free weights and or cables. Core - in the roman chair, cables and body weight. Lower body - I'm still using machines as to not bear weight on my foot - Hamstring curls, Abductor, Adductor machines. 

After my room mate and I proceeded to get sushified. 

My doc answered my crying request for sleep. It's a sad day when Ambien CR doesn't work. She prescribed another sedative. Wikipedia's description made me think I was digesting a horse tranquilizer. It helped......some. I still woke up multiple times but fell back to sleep quickly. No restless, stressed out mind. I think the waking was habitual after doing so for the last 8+ days. The second time I woke up I walked down stairs and made sugar free Hawaiian Punch. I remember that I wanted to not wake up (?????) so I kept the lights off and proceed to mix the beverage in the dark. I drank a full glass. Walked back upstairs and went back to bed. Who does that?

Thursday - Oy! I'm still hung-over from the tranquilizer. I spent my Z2 75 min spin watching IM Kona 2010. I'm 4 1/2 weeks out from stress fracture. I'm still not pushing any bike intervals. My focus this morning was to keep my cadence above 80. This was difficult. My muscles were in a drugged induced comma from the sleeping pill. My mind was kind of mushy too. But I kept focus and got it done.
Evening swim brought to you by SwimPlan

Warm Up
• 8 x 50yd Freestyle Swim (even pace), rest 0:15 / 50yd
Freestyle swim at a steady pace.
Build up (repeat 6 times)
• 1 x 50yd Front Scull and Kick, rest 0:15 / 50yd
Streamlined body position with straight arms and kicking. scull with hands flat and fingers below the wrist. Try to hold your chin on the surface of the water.
• 1 x 50yd Freestyle Push & Glide, rest 0:15 / 50yd
Freestyle swim, pausing at the end of every stroke with arms out-stretched, one held out front, the other held loosely against the body.
Main Set
• 8 x 50yd Freestyle Swim, target time 00:48 / 50yd, rest 0:10 / 50yd
- actual :46-48 (kept allotted rest)
• 4 x 100yd Freestyle Swim, target time 01:35 / 100yd, rest 0:20 / 100yd 
- actual 1:31 (kept allotted rest)
• 2 x 200yd Freestyle Swim, target time 03:10 / 200yd, rest 0:30 / 200yd 
- actual 3:03, 3:04 (kept allotted rest)
• 8 x 50yd Freestyle Swim, target time 00:48 / 50yd, rest 0:10 / 50yd 
- actual :45-46 (kept allotted rest)
Warm down
• 1 x 200yd Freestyle Easy, rest 0:20 / 200yd
Freestyle swim at a slow, relaxed pace.
Total yardage - 2800

After all this writing I am TUCKERED out! Time for bed! Au Revoir!
 
PS - Got my bone scan results back. My density is normal! Yay! I should have no problems making a healthy recovery.

No comments: