Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Getaway part two


As I waited for the train I was comforted with Mr. Pinot Noir.  The train ride from San Diego to LA was absolutely beautiful.


Monday

AM Swim at the Rose Bowl
2500 meters

W/U
300 free; 100 kick - :10 hard/ :20 easy; 200 pull

Drills
1 x 100 – 50 free; 50 fist
1 x 100 – 50 free; 50 catch up
repeat 1 x
1 x 100 kick - :30 hard/ :30 easy

Main Set
1 x 100 – breathe every 2 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 3 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 4 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 5 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 6 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 6 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 5 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 4 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 3 strokes
1 x 100 – breathe every 2 strokes

Cool down –
200 pull
200 easy

In the afternoon I went for a ride from Seal Beach. The first 90 minutes I rode alone, along a bike path. Heading out was an effortless 24-25mph, coming back was a brutal 15-16mph with wind coming from every direction. Damn you Casper! I was very happy to have company for the last hour of the ride. It was a beautiful day for riding and I enjoyed every part of it; despite being tossed around like a rag doll by the wind. 

Recovery at In-N-Out Burger! I'm a cheap date :)


Robert surprised me by taking me to a baseball game. My first real baseball game ever! I was so excited! I grew up watching the Cubbies with my dad, but I never went to a real game. The Anaheim Angels played the Oakland As. The games was everything I imagined and then some! It was such a great experience! I even had my first ballpark dog! Mmmmmmm! I defiantly want to do this more often! “Take me out to the ball game. Take me out to the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks. I don't care if I ever get back!


Tuesday –

Swim – 2500 meters
W/U
300 free; 100 kick - :10 hard/ :20 easy; 200 pull

Main Set
6 x 150; 20 rest – descending 1-3
6 x 100 pull: 20 rest descending 1-3
6 x 50; 20 rest – descending 1-3

Cool down
100

In the afternoon Robert took me to the Manhattan Beach. It was sooooo beautiful, words can’t describe. I stepped into the ocean. The wet coldness sent chills up my body.  I looked down and watched the waves crash up over my feet. As this happened I felt doubt, sadness and fatigue wash away the waves, along with the beach sand. It was thoroughly a cleansing experience. 


What have a learned from this 4 day Getaway? Live for today. Not for tomorrow and not in the past. I will make the most of today. I went home with a fuller heart and a content inner-soul. Life will be lived to the fullest; one day at a time.

1 comment:

n8 soul said...

Life should be lived by the fullest, to be renewed by the waves of the ocean is to be cradled by mother nature herself.