Friday, March 7, 2008

Wed/Thurs/Friday Quick Recap

***Wednesday ***6 mile easy recovery run during lunch. HR 142-150, L1; 9:15avg .5 incline

I did this run on the treadmill at my gym, it was the only way that I would assure myself to keep a L1. I almost lost my freaking sanity. I HATE running that slow, alone on a treadmil. My hunger is insatiable and my upper body is a little sore and tight from yesterday. Must eat again!

***Thursday***
60 min of Pilates

We had a sub today and MOTHER OF GOD!!! Did she work us! I sweated a lot! It was rather irritating thou....I do the Pilates for the core and upper body work, today the sub focused on legs. I REALLY don't need much work on my legs other then flexibilty, screw the toning, my legs are fucking rocks. I'm sure I'm going to feel the pain come my "easy" evening run. Damn her!!!

Evening Run-
1 mile track warm up
20 min drills
200 leaps / 200 recover jog x 4
25 step a$$ kickers/ 50 recover jog x 4
30 skips /200 recover jog x 4
30 side leaps / 200 recover jog x 4
25 step high knee/ 100 recover jog x 4
5 min stretch
30 min run up Twilliger (hilly)
.5 mile cool down on track
Approx 6.5 miles

Evening Team swim
150 m warm up
100 Fartlech drill― go easy until you feel like going fast! Then go fast until you feel like going easy again. In short, bursts of speed to get the blood pumping.
~Drills~
*fist freestyle, karate, a-ok, relaxed hands
*catch up freestyle
12 x 25s, 1 fist, 1 karate, 1 ok, 1 regular. :15 rest
Regroup
1 x 50 catch up freestyle
1 x 100 swim with a buoy: tuck in rear and roll, hips moving out of the way of the hands on exit. Feel your pull grabbing the water.
1 x 100 swim: light, quick arms.
*Swim entire set 3 times. Make sure to REST :20 between each distance.
6 x 50s long glide free, rest :15.

Total mtrs:
1500

Swim went ok. I’ve been holding some tension in my right shoulder blade for the last 2 weeks now. Coach Jane noticed. I hope it’s nothing serious, it’s getting rather annoying.


Friday – Easy 60 min spin.
HR between 150-165. High cadence with a few moderate hills and jumps.

No comments: