Tuesday, March 4, 2008

20 min Running Time Trial/Strength Training


Warm up 16 min run on treadmill 2 miles

Light Strength Training – 40 mins

Core - High to low woodchop 5 lbs, 3 sets of 15 ; rest 5 per side
Shoulders – Arm Circles (compound) 3 x 15 wide circles w/5lb per arm; rest 10 sec
Quads- (compound) - Pile Dumbbell Squats with 10 lb weight, 3 sets of 12; rest 30 sec.
Core - Crunches with 2 sec hold at top; 2 x 25
Back & Bicep; (compound) - Weight assisted pull ups 2 x 10 at 55 lbs lifting 85
Chest & tricep; (compound)- Weight assisted dips ups 2 x 10 at 55 lbs lifting 85
Bicep (isolation) – Alternating Bicep curls 3 sets at 12 lbs x 15; rest 10 sec.
Chest (compound) - Free Fly with dumbbells- 3 sets w/5lb per arm x 15; rest 10 sec.
Core -1 x 20 crunches upper body ½ way off bench
Core -1 x 20 air bike crunches lower body ½ way off bench
Core - 1 x 20 leg lifts lower body ½ way off bench
Triceps (compound) - Body dips 3 x 20; 20 sec rest
Lats – Close & Wide Grip Pull Downs (compound) 3 sets of each t 60 lbs x 20; 20 sec rest between sets
Lower back – Hyperextensions (isolation) - 3 sets of 12.
Core - Roman chair 2 x 20 straight, 2 x 20 side to side

This is really starting to suck ass! I am losing a lot of strength and it is making me feel really weak. I felt nauseas midway through the end of my workout….and I forgot my post workout snack. Blah….. I only did one leg exercise since I will running track tonight. Hopefully I'll feel more successful at that.

Part 2 – Track 20 min time trial

1 mile warm up
5 min good long stretch
200 leaps / 200 recover jog x 2 (try to lengthen out my stride before the time trial started…..didn't help much)
20 min time trial L3-L4 HR 173-185
This pretty much sucked ass. My stride felt really short, energy was a bit tapped from PMS and some light strength training earlier in the day….and did I mention how much I love women pains? 6 laps and I was ready to quit. My tummy was cringing and my stride felt so short, it was disappointing. But yet I was ½ way done and if I quit I'd just have to try it again on Thursday. It would also mean that I didn't pace myself well and that I was a wuss that couldn't handle the pain. So did I quit? Of course not! I ran out any energy I had left stored. Finished my 20 min time trial 50 meters short of 11 laps, 4400 meters = 2.75 miles. I think that avg's a 7:20 min time, not certain thou.

Post time trial I ran into coach Rick from the Lizards and ran a 2 lap cool down. I really like that guy. He provides a lot of good info and is really nice and funny.

I finished my run off with a few form drills.

25 step a$$ kickers/ 50 recover jog x 4
30 skips /200 recover jog x 4
30 side leaps / 200 recover jog x 4

Summary 6 miles, 20 min time trail, 10 min drills.
Spent a nice 30 mins soaking in a hot bath filled with Epsom salts and I'll spend another 10 mins rolling my legs tonight. I roll 5-15 mins a day/2x a day even when I don't run. My legs have never felt better, I <3 my foam roller and medieval stick.

No comments: