Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Run drills/Swimming and a very odd dream


Tuesday morning
1 mile easy warm up run
20 min run drills across the gym floor
A$$ kickers, strides, high knee, skips, side strides

Followed up with swim

Warm up 200 easy
10 x 25s, 2 easy, 2 fast, rest :10 between each
4 x 100s, 50 drill/50 light quick turnover. Drills: fist free, long glide, or half catch-up. Rest :15
1 x 600, at 60% effort,
breathe every 5 or 6 strokes; rest 20-30
1 x 50 easy
2 x 200s, at 70% effort,
breathe every 4 or 5 strokes; rest 20-30
1 x 50 easy
4 x 75s at 80% breathe every 3 or 4 strokes; rest 20-30
1 x 50 easy
1 x 200 easy with a buoy, roll your hips through to both sides.

Warm-down
25 w/ 5 pool pushups
50 w/ 5 pool pushups
50 w/ 5 pool pushups
50 w/ 5 pool pushups
25 w/ 5 pool pushups
Total mtrs:
2700

I almost rolled back into bed this morning, I was tired. I'm glad I got up though, I had fun with the run drills and a great swim. I'm going to cut out my second workout for the day and focus on packing...besides I need the extra rest

On an odd note; I had a really weird dream last night. I dreamt I was in a house that was on a hill and the land was flooding. Water was slowly rising and we (friends) were all sitting around drinking just waiting to die as the water rose. Then when it was almost at the top and we were swimming around to keep our heads above water, we swam up and out of the house, and ran up to a higher hill, as the water continued to follow us. Throughout the whole dream I was running and swimming from the water on the verge of drowning while being semi intoxicated. It was sooo weird. At each point I was about to give up and just die and I found a way out......

I don't dream much so I found this to be interesting.

1 comment:

The Lazy Triathlete said...

It sounds like you were running away from the your swim. :) I have been known to want to do that.