Saturday, March 29, 2008

12 mile LSD run...It’s snowing at the end of March..WTF?

So glad I took an extra recovery day off. I needed it and today I felt great.
We did an easy 12 mile hill run, Avg'ing 9 miles going up and bit short coming down. I'm finally enjoying the long slow distance pace....whew...I thought it would never happen. I came to realize something, I am fast. For the longest time I have felt I am slow, I run and run and run and it never feels fast enough. I think this might be because I usually try to run with people faster then me. I want that extra push....in return it makes me feel as if I'm not up to "par" per say. But I started running just 18 months a go, within a year I've cut my 5k PR from a 8:45 pace to a 7:15, a min and a half in just a year. Why is it progression feels so slow when in all actuality it's fast? Perception....it can really be a mind fuck. I am now eager to run these LSD runs...take my time and build my aerobic "plumbing".....which has a lot of holes and cracks in it at this time. I want to hold my faster pace longer and longer and longer.....I am so intrigued how running slow will help me achieve this. I got so much from this run today. I ran at the head of the group with Coach Seth and Kyle. We talked about racing and training the whole time and not once did I get tired, bored or "think" too much. Instead I enjoyed hearing the stories, listened (not a big strength of mine) to training advice, and soaked up the sun....ok that last part was a lie since it was partially snowing/raining....but I soaked up a whole lot. I really feel alive today....I have a refreshed view on everything. Running is good.

Slow vs. Fast....its all relative.

PS
We went to The Stepping Stone post run to refuel and team bond. Nate one of my team mates ordered the full stack of Man-Cakes....my tummy cringed when I heard him order. It was nice to see a man 100+lbs up on me had a hard time finishing them all.....made my accomplishment that much greater.
Hard time or not he did finish them....I mean come on now, he's triathlete, we don't quit ANYTHING.

Kat AKA "Man-Cake" eater

No comments: