Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fund Raising Recap


I have been stuck around $1,500 for some time now. I swear I have been in a creative fund raising funk. I hate when that happens. But as of last night I am up and out of it.

I joined forces with one of my teammates to host a LLS date auction at his Disco party and it turned out to be a HUGE success. Chris organized the party, thought up a fun and clever theme, 70’s Disco. Secured a venue, McMenamins Kennedy School and got the RSVP covered $25 Evite out. I ventured out to secure a bevy of beautiful people inside and out. I feel very honored to know so many beautiful giving people. I few stresses here and there with people not sure if they would be able to commit, life decided to throw a few rotten lemons our way, but everyone made some sweet ass lemonade with them.
Auction night came and I arrived early to help Chris set up. The party started at 7pm but it didn’t really start poppin until a little after 8. We had a 120 RSVPs and we recruited some outsiders that had walked by with displayed interest. I was very happy to see my 3 lovely girlfriends Josie, Katy and Colleen show up. Thanks for the support ladies, it really meant a lo to me. Around 10pm the auction began. Overall it was a huge success. The DJ was very nice offering to help Chris auction people off. Each person went for a min of $70 all the way up to $500. I had contemplated being auctioned for some time. Right now I really don’t have time to spare on dating. Training is heavy, moving and packing is time consuming and I still have more fund raising to do. BUT the money from one extra date is worth a couple hours of my time so I opted in, and boy am I happy I did. I ended up going for $500, top bid of the night. WTF? I seriously had no idea that would happen, blew my mind really. I’m so focused on training and my goals I don’t have much time and effort into looking pretty and in all honesty I feel like I forget what it feels like. It’s just really not a priority for me. It was kind of nice to look glamorous for an evening. Post auction I helped finish collecting donations and cleaned up a bit. It was at that time it all hit me, I’m going to do this. Tonight I raised $1,900. I’m going to make my $4,000 minimum without a problem, in fact $5,000 looks easy to achieve now. I huge weight of stress was lifted from my shoulders. I celebrated dancing at Embers with a girlfriend and her boyfriend. This was a very memorable night.

I still have a few GC’s for random things like massage, acupuncture, spa treatments and so on. I’m going to find another party or auction to team up with. And of course there’s still my pancake throw down, which will take place on the 22nd. I hope I don’t die from combustion.

No comments: