Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Swimming

Warm up
1 x 500

Main Set
1 x 200 w/ paddles - hard effort;20
1 x 100 w/ bouy recovery; 5
repeat 5 x

1 x 500 descending speed/breathing per 100 per stroke 6,5,4,3,2 (6 and 2 were the hardest to control)
1 x 300 descending speed/breathing per 100 per stroke 4,3,2

Cool down
1 x 200

Total yardage
3,000

Swim was awesome! I was energetic and had strong power! My body was in the water while my head was deep in thought. Occasionally my mind would step out from analyzing "life" to correct form and technique. All was in check.
Training is so therapeutic. I get this alone time that I don't get anywhere else. My mind escapes to another world. Often I'm able to see what I'm usually blinded by. Training makes me a better a person, and I am thankful for this.

Planter update: I've been RICE'ing like crazy for the last 3 days. Today I awoke and could barely notice any pain in my heel. I'm optimistic that I'll be 100% healed before the run, and should have a successful run. I'm realistic in knowing that the planter is more than likely going to come back and may hit me with some sweet vengeance. If this is the case I am A. Willing to embrace the pain and B. Willing to give it the RICE it needs and focus on my bike and swim until I'm completely recovered. Let's hope for the best!

No comments: