Monday, June 28, 2010

Reflection




The weekend was long. Training, volunteering and cheering at IMCdA while dealing with health mental/physical adversities. I'm really not down with going into much detail so I'll blurb a little here and there. If you're meant to know what I'm talking about you will, if you're not you wont.

*The human body is rather amazing. The mind can push our physical limits much further then they are trained to go.
*Congrats!
*A year off....and two years from an IM. Am I mad?
*The truth hurts and I often burn myself.
*Why is it we don't realize what we have until it's gone?
*A friend will walk with you in hell
*I have a BADASS coach
*Lockdown
*Perception is in the eyes of the beholder. I can be and accept I am wrong.
*Proud - of so many for so many different reasons.
*What am I to do? I wish I could have a coach that would handle all my life challenges.
*Tick-Tok....If only I could stop, rewind or control the hands of time.
*Human nature is odd.
*The heart doesn't lie....but the brain can deceive or vice versa.
*What price are we willing to pay?

1 comment:

Ian E. said...

I feel you. I have been looking forward to be in a stable enough spot to do an ironman for the last 3 years. I finally get signed up and everything is going well and now all of a sudden the last month I cannot run more than a few miles. Its quite possible if I dont get this fixed soon I will have to pull out. I am not gonna run 3 miles then walk 23.2. Hopefully, I can get this fixed and heal up.


Good luck Kat.