Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Recovery work feels good.

Wednesday morning swim; part 1

250 warm up

1 mile race simulator
100 timed all out effort ; 1:40 (WTF?! Seriously slow...I'm still exhausted)
50 easy
50 with fins easy
With fins
25 x 2 70%, 25 x 2 80%, 25 x 2 90%, 25 x 2 80%, 25 x 2 100%
200 easy with bobs at the first 25
200 x 5. First 200 breathing out though the nose.
100 easy
50 x 8; 65% effort intervals, count time ;50-;52
100 easy

Cool down
25 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
50 with 5 wall push ups
25

2750 yards

5:25am...Beep! Beep! Beep! Alarm goes off and I bounce out of bed. Time to swim, yay! I haven't done anything since racing on Saturday and have been dying to get back to my fitness. Sadly my energy in the pool didn't replicate that of my morning excitement. Immediately after my warm up I realized I was still exhausted. Blah, this sucks.... I continued on my set just happy to be doing something, even if it was taxing the hell out of me.

Part 2 - Lunch time spin 45 min easy recovery. Avg HR 147, max 159.

I wish I could write a novel based on all my thoughts during my spin session. I seriously had a sensory overload.

I'll be off to Vegas tomorrow so this is my only day of training until next Monday. Well....maybe I'll try to get a easy run in tomorrow morning before Pilates and my flight.

I stepped on the scale this morning, BIG NO-NO. I put on 6.5 lbs....not happy about this. I know it's mostly water retention and hormones since I'm involuntarily a women and I have this stupid monthly curse...ok and I have been eating like I was starved for a month. I'll probably put on another 2 lbs in Vegas....oh well, at least I'll have plenty of "endurance fuel" to utilize when I get back on my daily grind.

No comments: