Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday Triple

Lunch - 60 min Pilates

Evening 
Easy evening run approx 7.5 miles
Was going to try to throw some tempos in there but that was all depending on my calf, I kid you not it started tightening back up after the first mile. Agh! This is so frustrating. I also used this run to break in my new Nike Triax....I'm not sure if they're a little too big, or I laced them wrong (I lace differently then the average person...I skip the first loop near the toe to open up the toe box and I use the heel locks at the top)...I might need to use that bottom loop at the toe since Nike has widened their shoe so much. I started to feel blisters developing on the outside of the big toe on each foot. Too much friction and movement going on. I'll try to relace and body glide my feet for the next run. Great thing about Fit Right is they give you 30 days to test out the shoe, if it doesn't work you can return it and get something different. So I won't pull the plug on Nike just yet, I'll give em a few more runs. I really hope my calf returns to normal soon.....as for now....no speed work for Kat. The run was rather enjoyable and on my way back I passed by some large water fountains my mom used to bring me to when I was a kid. A cheap way to play and cool off in the summer. It brought back some great memories. Speaking of which, I miss my mom. A mother daughter day is much needed.

Post run I headed to team swim.
I got my sleeveless wetsuit, yay! Open water is going to start soon. I hope this suit fits my long torso better then the last.

Team Swim

100 warm up

10 x 50s, odds: light quick arms, evens: long glide. :10 rest.
Drafting set: rotate leaders every 50. Get into groups of 3, draft in pairs until each person has done 12 x 100s.

Passing drills (demo)

8 x 25s with a partner, practice passing.
Tim was my partner...what was I thinking? He bopped me in the head last year, this year was really no different....he ran me into the side of the lane and I nicked my arm. Lol, we just need to swim far away from one another.
J/K Tim, I <3 ya, but not when you hit me!

Total meters:
2000

No comments: