Monday, February 23, 2009

ART, Swimming and testing

Today I was 90% pain free...then I went in to see the doc and the pain came back, hopefully only temporarily. Recover progress is showing. It's hard for me to tell since I feel the pain daily. Part of me thinks it's probably worse then it is. Part of me is very scared to try to bike or run. Part of me feels like there is no hope in sight, yet the doctor believes there is and his belief gives me the slightest bit of hope. The bone has settled back into place and we just need the inflammation to go down so the muscle can heal. My mobility is better and my limp is for the most part gone. I get a chance to test the leg during an hour long spin tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Evening swim with PDX Tri Club

Got into the pool a little early and did a 1,000y warm up

1 x 50 catch up
2 x 50 arm drag catch up
4 x 50 catch up down, arm drag catch up back

3 x 100's - timed - 1:22-1:24

Main set
7 x 100's on the 1:45; we should have done 1:40s but our group was tired and opted for a 1:45, kind of cheated since we finished in 1:20-1:25s....well my first 5 were in that time, the last 2 100s I had awful flip turns and pulled out 1:30-1:32. Still this is encouraging since I thought my 100 time was a 1:28-1:30, I think I'm a little faster then I've given myself credit for.

Post 100s I felt like my face was on fire. I'm sure I was as red as a chili pepper. As I was anaerobic in the water I thought to myself "Hmmm, this is better then the track, at least I can't feel the sweat"...but then I thought "Oh shit, I can't breathe and I'm underwater!".

Finished with a 200 cool down

Total yardage 2550

I'm excited yet fearing tomorrow evening...........

1 comment:

Ottem16 said...

Wow sounds like you had a great swim! Good luck on the spin, I'm sure things will be fine. Keep that positive attitude and remember everything happens for a reason. Anytime you have a training tip I would love to here it! Happy training!