Friday, April 25, 2008

Day 5 of doing NOTHING.....

Another day I awoke with no drive. Blah....
I had my bike refitted at noon. The fitter dropped me even lower in my bars, she thinks this will put more weight on my front tire in return make me more stable, although I am more aero and aero is scary. Ugh....
I bought myself a pretty sparkly baby blue argyle Castelli jersey to make me feel better. I <3 it.

Went out to happy hour at The Carafe (Woot! Woot! Pascal & Julie) with a team mate. I had 2 french martini's and loaded up on Pommes Frites with melted Oregon Aged Gouda, Gnocchi -gratinéed with ham & Gruyère, and a Croque Monsieur ~
baked Parisian ham sandwich with Gruyère, béchamel & Dijon. We shared it all among three. Pretty sure I put on a lb of fat...but guess what?

IT'S BACK! During happy hour Jenny and I talked about doing Ironman Canada together. My spark became ignited again. Maybe I was high off the fat, or the alcohol or the idea of a 140.2 mile race. I don't know, what I know is I'm going to kill that 30/6 brick tomorrow morning.

No comments: